You Wield the Power
to Sort These Scalawag Tales into Categories
Please Select a Heading Below
Plainly Stated Explanation of Categories
Status - Books are grouped by stages of production.
- Published - These books, in one form or another, are available for purchase.
- WIP - These books have been started but are not finished quite yet.
- Full List - Includes Published, WIP, and books that are still merely outlines or thoughts.
- Out of Print - Some of my books were published too early. A good learning process, but now they have been or are being updated, often with new titles and fresh covers.
Theme - Books are grouped according to plot type.
- Fairy Tale Inspired - These books are not necessarily retellings of fairy tales, but aspects of them might remind readers of certain familiar stories.
- Coming of Age - These books are all about the development of the main characters and their growth from childishness to maturity.
- To Die For - Very special books. These unique stories are retellings of the ultimate plan of redemption.
- Swashbucklers - Adventure stories. These books are less about one individual's growth and more about the challenge(s) the main characters must overcome.
- Epic - These books are fun. In this category, there are many stories within a single series.
- Nonfiction - I love writing fiction because I learn best through fiction; however, sometimes I just need to process what I'm learning in plain speech.
Intensity - These books are grouped by their emotional impact, how difficult they are to read... in other words, how likely they are to make a reader cry.
- Mild - Lighthearted fun. May still contain violence. In these books, the characters will face challenges and will overcome them with a cheerful heart, good courage, and bonhomie.
- Medium - These books may introduce more mature themes, including doubt. The main characters might wonder at times if they will succeed in their mission(s).
- Hard - These books include difficult topics intended for mature readers. For a detailed list of potentially sensitive topics, see each book's individual webpage.
- Severe - Very difficult to read at certain points, very likely to make soft-hearted readers cry. Whereas "Hard" will tell of difficult events, "Severe" will show them.
- No explicit scenes or obscenities are in ANY level of my books.
Genre - These books are grouped by what section you might find them in the library.
- Romance/Action-Adventure - All my fiction books basically fall into this category, but these have all-natural settings. No starships or magical powers allowed.
- Fantasy - These books are my favorite. As for what is possible, the sky's the limit... or is it? These might include extraordinary powers, unreal creatures, impossible landscapes, etc.
- SciFi - I am no technological genius, so most of my books do not include tech. However, these do... to a degree that is far beyond our society's current capabilities.
- Nonfiction - 'Nuff said. See explanation above under "Theme."
Date - These books are grouped by the year they were published.
- Year - Pretty self-explanatory.
- If you are looking for one of my books and cannot find it here, you might check the Out of Print section under "Status."